UNOFFICIAL TRANSLATION OF CIRCULAR LETTER OF THE MINISTER OF MANPOWER OF REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
To All Indonesian Governor, 17 March 2020
OF THE MINISTER OF MANPOWER OF REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
NUMBER M/3/HK.04/III/2020 ON
MANPOWER/LABOR PROTECTION AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY FOR THE PREVENTION AND MITIGATION OF COVID-19
In connection with the increasing spread of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in several regions of Indonesia and taking into account the official statement of the World Health Organization (WHO) which stated COVID-19 as a global pandemic, further steps need to be taken to protect workers for business continuity. In this regard, the Governors are requested to:
- Strive to Prevent the Spread and Handling of Cases related to COVID-19 in the Work Environment.
- To conduct training and supervision of the implementation of legislation in the field of Occupational Safety and Health.
- To disseminate information to all levels of the organization and related parties within your area of supervision.
- To register and report to relevant agencies for each case or a suspected COVID-19 case at work.
- To instruct each Company Leader to anticipate the spread of COVID-19 to workers by taking preventative measures such as doing clean and healthy living behavior by integrating into the Occupational Safety and Health program, empowering the Committee for Occupational Safety and Health, and optimizing the function of occupational health services.
- To encourage all Company Leaders to immediately prepare plans to face COVID-19 pandemic with the aim of minimizing the risk of transmission at work and maintaining business continuity.
- In the event that there are workers or employers who are at risk, suspected, or experiencing illness due to COVID-19, steps are taken according to health standards issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Implement Wage Protection for Workers related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- For workers who are categorized as People under the Monitoring related to COVID-19 based on the doctor's statement such that they cannot enter work for a maximum of 14 (fourteen) days or according to Ministry of Health standards, then the wages will be paid in full.
- For workers who are categorized as COVID-19 suspected cases and are quarantined/isolated according to the doctor's statement, the wages will be paid in full during the quarantine/isolation period.
- For workers/laborers who do not come to work due to illness COVID-19 and proven by a doctor's statement, the wages will be paid in accordance with statutory regulations.
- For companies that restrict business activities due to government policies in their respective regions for the prevention and handling of COVID-19, thus causing some or all of their workers not to come to work, taking into account the continuity of the business thus changes in the amount and method of payment of wages of workers are to be carried out in accordance with the agreement between employers and workers.
In connection with the above matters, you are requested to implement and deliver this circular to the Regent / Mayor and related stakeholders in your area.
This circular letter is to be used as guidance.